WLogger isn't thread safe
When logging from another thread it mixes the buffer with other logs.
This makes it very hard to debug or just show logs.
Updated by Wim Dumon almost 14 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Priority changed from Immediate to Low
To avoid this:
- start your wt application with ---num-threads=1. This is usually acceptable during debugging.
- reroute access logs to a file with ---access-log=somefile.log
- reroute the application log to a file (see wtconfig.xml)
we could do something about access log messages running into each other, if required. This is however not trivial in all cases (multi-process deployments). I propose to implement this when this turns out to be problematic.