Project

General

Profile

Actions

Support #987

closed

Wt installation problems on Windows

Added by Alec Taylor almost 13 years ago. Updated almost 13 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Immediate
Assignee:
Target version:
Start date:
09/11/2011
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
0:03 h

Description

Good evening,

When I was getting some linker+database problems earlier, I decided it

would be best to start the installation from scratch.

I removed all my Wt directories (had about 4 versions), and started

downloading all the dependencies.

I cloned the latest git into C:\libraries\Wt

ls C:\libraries

boost include lib libharu-2.2.1 MySQL mysql--3.1.0 Wt zlib-1.2.5

tree C:\libraries\boost

http://pastebin.com/6hZhBQp8

I also installed the latest MySQL x64 from the official mirrors.

From CMake 2.8.5 here is my generator output:

http://pastebin.com/EBHxndHp

And here is how I configured CMake 2.8.5 (Native Compilers, Visual Studio 2010):

http://i54.tinypic.com/2i6pbvk.png http://i55.tinypic.com/flj90j.png

http://i53.tinypic.com/6xt1jp.png

CMakeCache.txt: http://pastebin.com/2bQrzRX8

& here is my Visual Studio 2010 build output:

http://pastebin.com/EWbbErWt

(currently many "Cannot open include file: 'boost/scoped_array.hpp':

No such file or directory" boost library errors)

How do I get Wt to compile properly?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor

Actions #1

Updated by Wim Dumon almost 13 years ago

Hello Alec,

Can you look for weird configurations in the CMakeCache.txt file?

Can you attach it to this bug report?

Thank you,

Wim.

Actions #2

Updated by Koen Deforche almost 13 years ago

  • Status changed from New to InProgress
  • Assignee set to Wim Dumon
Actions #3

Updated by Alec Taylor almost 13 years ago

Hi Wim,

I've attached the CMakeCache.txt file...

I'm currently working on uninstalling all Visual Studio stuff from my computer (including Expression Web & all the redists), then I will attempt installation again (with just a clean install of Visual Studio 2011 Ult).

As for weird configurations, it always detects boost in the wrong place... so I always need to manually repair it.

Libharu is also never properly detected.

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor

Actions #4

Updated by Alec Taylor almost 13 years ago

I have cleared my computer completely.

1. Uninstalled all packages begining with "Microsoft Visual" from Add/Remove

  1. Remove all folders from Program Files (and x86) begining with "Microsoft Visual"
  2. Ran registry + temp cleaners from both CCleaner and Glary Utilities
  3. Restarted
  4. Mounted the .iso for Visual Studio 2011 Ultimate
  5. Installed Visual Studio 2011 Ultimate
  6. Removed Wt folder
  7. git clone'd latest Wt
  8. Ran CMake - http://i52.tinypic.com/nxv7n.png - http://i54.tinypic.com/23i9ms3.png - http://i56.tinypic.com/2zsxp46.png, process had failed. CMakeCache.txt: http://pastebin.com/2M7wJ5t6
Actions #5

Updated by Wim Dumon almost 13 years ago

  • Status changed from InProgress to Closed
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF